Ruins of Ahn’Qiraj (AQ20) is the new 20-man raid in Phase 5 of WoW Classic. It is like ZG, as both are 20-man, outdoors, and reset every 3 days instead of weekly. Both are used as catch up gearing of new players and alts. And like when ZG first came out, AQ20 offers a few items even raid mains will be interested in. This AQ20 loot guide will help you understand what possible upgrades are available.
AQ20 won’t be available until the Gates of Ahn’Qiraj event is completed.
Cenarion Circle Sets
The Cenarion Circle sets are mini-class sets from drops in AQ20. And requiring high reputation levels with Cenarion Circle. Each set has 3 pieces: a ring, a cloak, and a weapon. With all 3 you’ll get a class-specific set bonus. Note you can wear this set without breaking up a Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 2.5 set.
- Druid – Symbols of Unending Life
- Set Bonus: Your finishing moves now refund 30 energy on a Miss, Dodge, Block, or Parry.
- Hunter – Trappings of the Unseen Path
- Set Bonus: Increases your pet’s damage by 3%.
- Mage – Trappings of Vaulted Secrets
- Set Bonus: 15% increase to the total damage absorbed by Mana Shield.
- Paladin – Battlegear of Eternal Justice
- Set Bonus: 20% chance to regain 100 mana when you cast a Judgement.
- Priest – Finery of Infinite Wisdom
- Set Bonus: Increases the damage of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 5%.
- Rogue – Emblems of Veiled Shadows
- Set Bonus: -10 energy cost for your Slice and Dice ability.
- Shaman – Gift of the Gathering Storm
- Set Bonus: Increases the chain target damage multiplier of your Chain Lightning spell by 5%.
- Warlock – Implements of Unspoken Names
- Set Bonus: 5% increased damage from your summoned pets’ melee attacks and damage spells.
- Warrior – Battlegear of Unyielding Strength
- Set Bonus: -2 rage cost to Intercept.
New Token System
Like the Tier 2.5 sets in AQ40, these set items are not a straight drop from the bosses in AQ20. They use a token system like ZG. There are rep requirements (like ZG). But you also need to turn in specific scarabs and idols, too. The scarabs and idols drop from AQ20 trash. The scarabs also drop in AQ40, but the idols are unique to AQ20.
Cenarion Circle Reputation
Starting in Phase 5 the best way to earn Cenarion Circle rep is to run AQ20. A full clear gets you ~2000 rep. Turning in various quest items from AQ20 also earns rep.
There are more rep grind options in Silithus. But those have a smaller return on more effort.
Lots of set gear also drops in AQ20. They are regular drops from bosses, no messing around with turn in requirements. As in ZG, there are more blues than epics.
There are too many items to list for this AQ20 loot guide. So instead here’s a link to an organized list on Wowhead.
- Link is organized into tabs, one for each slot
- More blues than epics, not much of interest to most BWL raiders
If your guild is like mine and lacking some weapon upgrades AQ20 isn’t going to fill that need. Unless you are still running around with blue weapons. All AQ20 weapons are epic, but around the same ilvl as Molten Core and ZG items.
Physical DPS Weapons
- Qiraji Sacrificial Dagger – Dagger
- Sand Polished Hammer – Mace
- Manslayer of the Qiraji – Two-handed sword
- Stinger of Ayamiss – DPS/healer mace
- Talon of Furious Concentration – DPS/healer held item
- Staff of the Ruins – DPS staff
- Buru’s Skull Fragment – Tanking shield
Class Skill Books
The thing most everyone will want out of AQ20 is the new class skill books. There are three for each class. They teach a new rank of an existing ability. The books can drop from any boss in AQ20. Each boss has a chance of dropping up to two books. They are not bound, so expect to find them on the auction house, too.
Head of Ossirian the Unscarred
The final boss, Ossirian the Unscarred, always drops the Head of Ossirian the Unscarred. It starts a quest which leads to a selection of necklaces as its reward.
- Amulet of the Shifting Sands – Healers
- Charm of the Shifting Sands – Caster DPS
- Choker of the Shifting Sands – Physical DPS
- Pendant of the Shifting Sands – Tanks
AQ20 Profession Recipes
Check out my Phase 5 Professions post for more details on new professional recipes release in and alongside AQ20.
- Plans dropped by Moam in AQ20
- Epic mail gloves for DPS, with a mana drain proc
- Formula drops from Moam in AQ20
- Increases your stealth level by 5 (equal to one level)
- Formula drops from Buru the Gorger in AQ20
- Increases frost spell damage by 20